No one enjoys being in pain. It inhibits movements, causes us to lose focus, and prevents us from doing the things in life we live to do, from picking up a grandkid to taking a long walk with a good friend. Safe Laser Therapy in Stamford, CT, understands how debilitating pain can be, especially chronic pain. We can help. We offer FAR-Infrared body wraps to heat the body and stimulate pain relief as well as low-level laser therapy. When used in conjunction, the effects are multi-fold and can help relieve pain much faster. For an appointment, give us a call today!
WHAT IS PAIN?
Pain, at its core, is the body’s response to tell you something is wrong. It’s the sensation you get when you accidentally touch a hot pan and the same sensation you get when you break your leg. Its purpose is to tell you that something is wrong and to grab your attention quick, so you can fix it.
WHAT CAUSES PAIN?
Pain signals tissue damage and signals travel through your nerves to your brain when you experience pain. The brain, once it receives the message, then decides what to do. Some are lightning fast, like when you touch a hot pan. Others are slower like when you feel an ache in your joints.
WHAT ARE THE TWO TYPES OF PAIN?
- Acute pain. Acute pain is intense and short-lived. Examples of acute pain include superficial cuts to the skin, aches of the organs like a stomach ache, or localized pain such as shoulder pain.
- Chronic pain. Chronic pain happens over a long period of time an often cannot be resolved. This can be mild pain all the way up to severe pain that inhibits movements. Examples of chronic pain include arthritis, migraines, and any other pain that comes up again and again, such as low back pain.
WAYS TO TREAT PAIN
- Medication. This is a popular treatment for acute pain as medication is often fast-reacting and is enough to eliminate the pain altogether. Aspirin and Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) are popular forms of pain relievers available over-the-counter. These are often people’s go-tos for headaches, light sprains, and backaches. NSAIDs have the added benefit of also relieving inflammation and pain due to swelling. However, they can have side effects, such as bleeding in the digestive system. Opioids are prescription medications much stronger in nature and are reserved for stronger acute pain, such as following surgery, burns, cancer, and bone fractures. Opioids, as most of us know, are highly addictive, cause withdrawal symptoms, and lose effectiveness over time.
- Acupuncture. A centuries-old pain relief method that uses needles at certain pressure points to produce an analgesic effect.
- Nerve blocks. Nerve blocks are shots that numb the nerves to certain limbs or body parts.
- Surgery. When chronic pain turns intense and something the patient no longer wishes to live with, surgery may be considered. Surgery is the most invasive type of treatment and often takes the longest to recover from. Furthermore, there are many side effects of surgical procedures.
- Relaxation therapies. Often times, our pain is caused by tight muscles and restricted blood flow. Relaxation techniques and exercises, such as yoga, medication, massage therapy, and tai chi, serve to relax both the mind and the body.
- Physical manipulation. Physical therapy can help patients reduce pain and improve or restore mobility without surgery through treatment techniques. A chiropractor specializes in the manipulation of bones to produce relief through the alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure, particularly the spine. It relies on the body to heal itself without surgery or medication.
- Heat and cold. The rotation of hot and cold treatments or compresses on afflicted areas can help with pain. Cold treatment reduces inflammation by decreasing blood flow. Heat treatment promotes blood flow and helps muscles relax. Using both alternately speeds the flow of nutrients to the damaged areas.
- Rest. If the pain is due to an injury or a repetitive action, rest may be the best option for muscle pains and strains.
HOW FAR-INFRARED HEAT CAN HELP RELIEVE PAIN
FAR-Infrared heat plays off the heat and cold method above. However, by using Infrared heat, which is much more intense than a heating pad, the effects are magnified. Able to deliver infrared heat to an average depth of 1.5 inches, FAR-Infrared body wraps increase blood flow dramatically, and heat seeps beyond skin level to impact the areas you need it most. By utilizing FAR-infrared heat body wraps, you raise the entire core temperature of your body, increasing the blood flow to all areas. As oxygen and nutrients converge on your pain area, healing is promoted. Pain relief from FAR-infrared body wraps is almost immediate patients report.
Studies show FAR-Infrared body wraps are one of the most effective, non-pharmaceutical options to provide pain relief fast. Regular FAR-Infrared treatments can relieve pain from many conditions, including injuries, fibromyalgia, arthritis, delayed-onset muscle soreness, peripheral arterial disease, ankylosing spondylitis (inflammatory arthritis distressing the spine/large joints) and more. FAR-Infrared heat can also assist with eliminating stiffness once inflammation has gone down, which is especially useful for strains and sprains. Incorporating regular FAR-Infrared body wrap treatments into your lifestyle can help you cut down on pain medications
HOW SAFE LASER THERAPY CAN HELP
While pain and chronic pain in and of itself is uncomfortable physically, pain can take a toll on your mental well-being as well. Feelings of stress, depression, anger, or fatigue can make the pain worse and negatively affect your quality of life. FAR-Infrared body wraps are one of the few holistic pain relief options that are all-natural. FAR-Infrared body wraps also affect many other ailments you may be facing, and is great in cleansing the body of toxins, helping to lose weight, and rejuvenate the skin.
Heat therapy has been used for thousands of years for pain relief. FAR-Infrared body wraps simply amplified the heat to your body to deliver a stronger, more effective pain-relieving outcome. By treating your body in a holistic manner, you’ll gain more energy, relieve pain, and look and feel your best. Contact Safe Laser Therapy in Stamford, CT, today for more information.